Access value from the database

Hi…

https://community.yellow.ai/t/displaying-api-response/1906

how can we use this in conversational Studio UI as shown in the query above? any doc or guide on this.
my output show [object object]

1 Like

Hey @izuan.yusop
First, you need to store the result of a database search in an object variable. Now, in the Text message node, you can access it with this syntax {{variables.db_result.0.column_name}}

Here the column name is the same column name in the database. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi Pratik,

how about db_result? is it a default? or is it represent table or variable name.
{{variables.db_result.0.os_custid}}

1 Like

@izuan.yusop here db_result is a variable in which you’re storing the database search result.
0 is the index value and column_name is the column name of the table on which you’re trying to run a search query.

1 Like

Hii @Pratik As you can see I have used the same format as you mentioned but I am not getting the value displayed in the response. I have even used the same with 3 pairs of curly braces however the response remains the same. The part containing the value is always omitted.

Hi Pratik,

Thanks for your reply.
As per your instruction, still unable to display the output from the database created.

below is to explain what I try to achieve.
-key in serial number
-match with database
-if success, to display cust info

appreciate your reply. thank you very much

2 Likes

Can you please share bot access with me at pratik@yellow.ai?

Hey @izuan.yusop
It’s been fixed now. It was my bad, correct syntax to access values from database is {{{variables.db_response.records.0.column_name}}}

1 Like

Hi Pratik,

Now it works. thank you very much for your support

result2

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Search the database if email already exists