Nasscom's Build Your Own Bot - Powered By Yellow Messenger (FAQ)

1. Who can participate?

It does not matter if you are from HR, Marketing, IT, Automation, Legal, Procurement or Customer support, you do need to know coding to build a simple Conversational AI Bot.

The event is open to all technical and non-technical teams of Enterprises. The bot can be built within our UI without code. This event is not open to Students.

Added Advantage for Technical Teams: If you’re familiar with javascript, you’ll be able to add advanced functionalities to the bot, like plugging in OOB with other tools / Softwares / platforms.

2. What do you need to come prepared with?

Prior to the registration phase. There’s nothing you need to prepare.

In case you have a specific use case in mind, or a problem statement that an automated chatbot can solve for you, you can bring across a list of tasks, questions, answers to those questions and Knowledge Base / FAQs with you to copy-paste into the bot.

We also have a few resources on bot building, and the Yellow Messenger platform you can take a look at:

1. Yellow Messenger Academy videos to learn and understand the platform: null - YouTube
  2. Documentation & PDFs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SLMbpFyKkP9OK7i1M5Mbh6WvDvOB0pJ5
  3. Active community with 500+ members to help with any queries: https://community.yellow.ai/

3. What is the event about and what is expected out of participants?

The BYOB (Build Your Own Bot) workshop gives participants a chance to learn and work on building automated chatbots to automate replies to repeated queries with Intelligent Conversational Robots on the Yellow Messenger platform. On registration, the participant is expected to attend the event, go through the training, and build the bot on the Yellow Messenger platform.

4. Can we take part as a team?

This event is for individuals at the moment due to remote working environments. You would be given a single Bot License token that can run on one machine at a time. Our future events / hackathons can accommodate teams.

5. Once I am accepted, what do I need to bring?

You will need a computer (Mac Yosemite / Windows 10 / Ubuntu Linux 16.04) with preferably the latest updated Google Chrome browser with a stable internet connection of minimum 2MBps.

Since the hackathon will be held virtually, you just need to check your email regularly and participate in our community forum.

6. What do I get by participating in BYOB?

An opportunity to work on the latest cutting-edge technology and skill-up for the future. Understand how you could use the power of automation to add productivity and experience for your enterprise & customers respectively. You will learn more about conversational AI and experience the process of creating a chat-bot first hand! To sum it up,

Skill-Up & Hands-On Workshop: Get a Conversational AI Bot Build training and Certification worth $1000 to help you skill up and understand how to develop non-code automation solutions for real-life projects

7. Do I need to pay?

Attending BYOB is absolutely free! We will be providing you with everything required. Not to forget, the bonus Yellow Messenger goodies to top bot builders :star_struck:.

8. Is there any resource for specific doubts?

Yes! We have an active community forum that contains necessary documentation. You can also post your questions and will hear back from us or one of our community champions. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.

9. How can I access the platform?

1. Sign up on https://hackathon.yellowmessenger.com

2. You’ll receive an email with a bot token that looks like this and will to you from bot@yellowmessenger.com. Please check SPAM if you don’t find the email

3. Navigate to the sandbox tab of the platform and click on create a new bot, and use the token to create a new bot

4. Your bot will be visible in your sandbox environment on following the above steps

10. Are participants eligible for certification?

Yes. Bots qualify for certification. Once you submit your bot and complete the assignment that goes hand in hand with the submission, our team will review your bot. If your bot satisfies the criteria of the assignment, you’ll be eligible for Yellow Messenger Platform Certification.

2 Likes

I already signed in app.yellowmessenger. Com and accepted the invite message then bot created automatically. So when tried to sign up for hackathon.yellomessenger.com then message displayed " Email exists". So I login to hackathon website using forgot password . I didn’t get mail with token so I don’t have bot in hackathon site and also bot in app.yellowmessenger.com got revoked. I raised the issue in third training session with mentor and he told the issue is raised by lot of people.

I also send a mail to support@yellowmessenger.com but I didn’t get any reply

Please do needful to send a token so that I can go for certification

Since I don’t have bot in my registered email I will be going for the certification using deepakkarunakaran@gmail.com

1 Like

I have published TimChildrensClinic using TimChildrensClinic bot from deepakkarunakaran@gmail.com. how to submit the bot for certification

1 Like

Hello Deepak,

We will be sharing the submission form shortly via an email.

Thank you!

Sure Deepak, please leave us a note in the submission form about the same.

Hi
As part of Nasscomm BYOB training, bot is submitted using google form link provided to me before the date. Please let me know the result of submission and whether I am eligible for receiving the certificate

Regards
Deepak Karunakaran

1 Like

Hello Deepak,
Thank you for participating in BYOB. Currently, we’re reviewing the bot submissions and will publish the results soon.
Stay tuned on the community for further updates! :wink:

Hello Pratik,
I haven’t received any email from yellow messenger team for bot submission yet. What should I do in order to submit my bot? Please Help!
Thank You.

Regards,
Roshan Kattel

1 Like

Hello Roshan,

We’ve sent emails about the bot submission multiple times to all participants. We’d recommend you to check in the spam of your inbox.

Here’s a link to submit your bot :robot: : https://forms.gle/jtdEkyv5L9eRBEpV8

You can also share your email ID in private chat so we can make sure that you receive any upcoming email related to BYOB. Hope this helps. :wink:

1 Like