How can we purge the chat logs on the platform

We want all conversations with user and bot to be auto purged after 48 hours.

We are use using ymAuthenticationToken for the same to capture the chat history and render the same on chat bot initiation.

Where can we configure the time-to-live for the auto deleting of the chat transcripts

Can these chat transcripts be exported to our s3 bucket before deleting chat history from yellow AI ?

Namaste @Pranav_Prashant

By auto purge, I beleive you are referring to deleting chat history from our backend. We store chats for upto 30 days by default. ymAuthenticationToken is an identifier generated by host website/app where bot is deployed.

While we don’t have an option to delete chat history, you can create a new authentication token if users comes back after 48 hours. However, I will double check and see if there’s a possibility to auto delete chat history.

I will verify and update on possibilities of exporting chat history to Amazon S3.

Currently there is no way to delete chat history.
You may need to create internal ticket with why this is needed.

Please note if this feature was in place, you may loose a lot of important tools we provide to analyse user chats. Would suggest to explore chat logs, and insights section before requesting.

w.r.t exporting chat transcripts to S3 bucket, chat URLs (link to transcripts) available in our inbox module can be pushed to S3.

Can history purging can be configured for 48 hours from backend instead of default 30 days.
We want to avoid the route of raising tickets after every 2 days.

Regarding pushing for chat transcripts (chats with user and bot) to s3 do we need to first push the chats to inbox for s3 integration ?
Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 2.58.00 PM

1. Can history purging can be configured for 48 hours from backend instead of default 30 days.
    → No, this can’t be changed.

2. We want to avoid the route of raising tickets after every 2 days.
    → Can you explain this a bit more?

3. Regarding pushing for chat transcripts (chats with user and bot) to s3 do we need to first push the chats to inbox for s3 integration ?
    → Chat transcripts can be accessed on Yellow Platform inside Inbox module. Chat URL can be published to S3.
    @Sandeep_Rajaram can comment further

As discussed yesterday,
Chat transcript URLs will be archived after 6 months of the chat creation date. Considering the use case we are trying to solve, it would not be ideal to use them.

Instead, we will be able to share a message API which you can call and get the conversations between the customer & agent/bot. Let me know if it works for you

Regarding the data purging practice, @Anmol is the best person to answer

1 Like