Idle Timer in Bot

Is there a way to measure the amount of idle time a user has spent on the bot? Similar to the way ticket-inactive/user-inactive works in Live Agent? I am thinking of implementing a feature that if the user is inactive or without response for 20 minutes, then the bot will send a message saying they’ve been inactive. Then if the user responds, it will start from the beginning instead of picking up where they left off.

Thank you,
-Mia Pranckus

1 Like

Hey @mpranckus ,
This seems an interesting use case. Let me check with the Product team to check if it’s possible.

Hi @Pratik Sir, do you mean here?

I thought similarly as well with the chat timeouts, but I think this is specific to when a ticket is raised or a live agent is connected. I’m looking for something that will work with the regular journeys. For example, if the user is within the “Explore Products” journey and they have items in their cart. I want to notify them if they’ve been inactive for 20min and that their cart will be cleared.

1 Like

Hi @Pratik , any way to implement the same.
I want to send a message in case of user inactivity, but there’s no solution around. Please help here.

1 Like

Sure @Binayak!

1. Navigate to Studio > Events Hub > User Inactivity events and add an event. Set the timer as per your requirement.

1. Select a flow/journey and open the Start node. Under the start trigger dropdown, select event and event name we have already created earlier.

2. Add the rest of the nodes according to your requirement. This journey will get executed when there’s user inactivity for a given time.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to comment down below if you need any more help.

1 Like